Top-Rated Dental Crowns in Philadelphia, PA
Dental crowns act as a restorative dentistry solution. Crowns are for patients who have sustained severe damage that requires more than inlays, on lays, or fillings. Teeth can sustain severe damage from decay, grinding, chips, and more. Crowns are a viable choice to promote overall oral health.
We prioritize oral hygiene at the Pennsylvania Center for Dental Excellence by using the latest dental tech and procedures. When you need the best dental crowns in Philadelphia, PA, you need an experienced team ready to expend every effort to restore your mouth to a healthy state.
What are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns act as a cap on a natural tooth, adding a new layer to the tooth’s chewing surface. By replacing the damaged area of the tooth with a crown, we equip each patient’s tooth with newfound strength and resilience against decay.
Cosmetic dentist Christine Han, DMD, creates these full dental restorations to custom-fit each patient using the highest quality materials. For example, we often work with porcelain crowns, as they’re durable and blend in with natural teeth.
When We Use Dental Crowns
Part of why our Philadelphia patients love dental crowns is their unmatched versatility. Some of the reasons we resort to dental crown procedures include:
- To use them as a restoration technique paired with a dental implant.
- To strengthen a tooth post root canal.
- To restore misshapen or discolored teeth.
- To prepare anchor teeth during a dental bridge procedure.
- To fix chipped, cracked, or otherwise damaged teeth.
Dental crowns provide immediate relief to a chipped tooth at risk of breaking further or sustaining more damage. In addition, crowns act as a therapeutic and cosmetic treatment. Patients often need crowns over existing fillings to mask the filling and make it durable.
Our dentists will determine your need for a crown during a dental examination. We can replace older crowns with ease, checking them for signs of damage during each of your subsequent visits.
Reach out to us today if you’re unsure whether dental crowns in Philadelphia, PA, are suitable for you and your dental health situation. For example, crowns can restore your smile if you have sustained severe tooth damage.
Dental Crown Options
One of the most significant advantages of dental crowns is their versatility–this includes what types of crowns patients can choose for their teeth. Dentists make dental crowns from gold alloy, dental composite, porcelain, and porcelain-fused-to-metal.
At the Pennsylvania Center for Dental Excellence, we specialize in using porcelain crowns due to their durability and natural appearance when set into the mouth.
A significant advantage of dental crowns is their turnover. We can restore and place a temporary cap over your tooth in the same visit. It’s only another few weeks before your final dental crown will be ready for placement.
Getting Familiar With the Procedure
The creation and placement of dental crowns follow a relatively straightforward process:
- Examination: Dr. Han will examine your teeth and general dental health to determine if you need dental crowns. She will look for decay, stress, and other instabilities that complicate the procedure. From there, she will review her findings to determine a treatment plan customized to your situation.
- Preparation: Dr. Han will numb the localized area that needs treatment with local anesthesia. Next, she will remove some of your natural teeth to make room for the oncoming dental crown.
- Impressions: Next, she will make impressions of the prepared tooth to ensure the crown fits snugly and comfortably. A temporary cap is placed on your tooth to protect it until we finish making the final crown. Then, we send the impression to the dental laboratory, where we use it to mold the final crown that will match your natural teeth in shape and color.
- Placement: We will finish your custom restoration within a few short weeks. When you return to our Philadelphia office for placement, Dr. Han will remove the temporary cap and clean your tooth, checking once more for any imperfections that may have sprung up. Dr. Han will then bond and polish the tooth.
Reach Out to Learn More and Schedule an Initial Appointment
Ready to start the dental care process? Call the Pennsylvania Center for Dental Excellence today at (215) 352-5447 to talk with one of our experienced team members and set up an appointment for dental crowns in Philadelphia, PA.